Supporting and inspiring tomorrow’s generation to contemplate a career in the palm oil processing industry.
Hong Wai Onn Conference Grants
Hong Wai Onn provides grants to help students and early career engineers attend palm oil processing-related scientific conferences, seminars, workshops or forums around the world, either as a speaker or a delegate.
Up to 5 grants will be given throughout the year. Each application will be carefully assessed. The successful applicant will be chosen at the sole discretion of the Conference Grants Committee, and the decision is final.
What are the grants worth?
- Up to RM 500 per event.
- Not have already received a Hong Wai Onn Conference Grant in the current year.
- Be an engineering undergraduate or postgraduate, or a recent graduate (less than 18 months) starting out your engineering career.
- Be able to explain the reasons for your choice of conference and how it will benefit you.
- Be able to explain how you will share the knowledge gained by participating in the conference.
- You must provide one reference to support your application. The referee should be able to vouch for your practical and theoretical training and experience.
- Grants can be used for a physical or virtual (online) conference of your choice.
- Grants awarded must be used to cover the registration fee, travel and/or accommodation only.
- If you are selected for a grant, you will be notified before your conference, and you will need to submit receipts for reimbursement, a report (500-800 words) and photo of your conference within the first 30 days after the event.
How do I apply?
- You can apply for a grant at any time during the year.
- You must submit your completed form at least 30 days before the event.
- For those presenting at the conference, you are required to include a copy of your abstract/synopsis and confirmation of acceptance of poster/oral presentation at the conference.
- Please download conference grants application form here.
- Submit your completed form to email@example.com.
Hong Wai Onn Individual Project Award
Awarded annually to an undergraduate who completes an outstanding research related to the palm oil processing industry focusing on efficiency, process safety and/or environmental responsibility, and demonstrates its viability to the industry.
One award will be awarded each academic year. The winner will be chosen at the sole discretion of the Individual Project Award Committee, and the decision is final.
Read more about the interview with previous award winners.
What is the award worth?
- RM 1,000 per award.
- Be an undergraduate who is in your final year of study on an engineering degree course.
- Be able to explain the importance of your research project and how it will impact the palm oil processing industry.
- Be able to explain your most significant contribution to the research work.
The award is for an individual student and cannot be split.
The winner will be announced after 30 days of the closing date of application.
You must provide two references to support your application:
- The first referee must be the Head of Program responsible for your degree course.
- The second referee should be able to vouch for your practical and theoretical training and experience.
How do I apply?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.